If you are interested in joining a team that helps to rebuild lives for individuals living with a mental illness, contact us regarding the employment opportunities below.
Rehabilitation Specialist Job Description
Vincent House Pinellas, Pasco, and Hernando Counties
The Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for the engagement of members, persons living with mental illnesses, in all aspects of Vincent House operations, according to Clubhouse International philosophy. In collaboration with other staff and members, the Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for assisting members with their participation in meaningful work and meaningful relationships; more specifically, the Rehabilitation Specialist assists members in developing and attaining vocational, educational, housing and social goals.
Reports directly to the Program Director.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- Work side by side with members in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of Vincent House. Maintains enthusiasm, commitment, and belief in the Clubhouse International Standards.
- Works cooperatively with members and staff in establishment and completion of unit goals for Work Structured Day component of Vincent House.
- Treats members and other staff with dignity and respect; maintains confidentiality at all times. Presents in a positive, professional manner at Vincent House, while on employment placement sites and at community functions.
- Participates in unit meetings twice daily, and weekly House Meeting.
- Participates in Clubhouse International trainings and events, as determined by the Administration team.
- Works cooperatively with other staff to provide rehabilitation services and demonstrates openness and flexibility in adapting to organizational and program changes as instructed by the Administration team.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Program Director.
- All Vincent House staff share employment, housing, holiday, weekend, evening and unit responsibilities.
- Foster an atmosphere of belief in all members’ ability to work.
- Conduct onsite job training and coverage for members in the Vincent House Transitional Employment (TE) and Supportive Employment (SE) programs.
- Provide as much support as needed to assist members with employment goals – act as trainer, troubleshooter, follow-along support, benefits counselor, advocate and liaison with the employer for TE/SE position.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Commitment to engage in philosophies and practices of Van Gogh’s Palette and Clubhouse International Standards.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, creativity and belief in the wellness and the potential of every member.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and obtain approval for enrollment by Van Gogh’s Palette’s auto insurance carrier.
- Pass a Level II FDLE criminal background check.
- Maintain a drug and tobacco free lifestyle. Submit to drug screening upon hire and randomly while employed.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
- Possess the ability to cover Transitional Employment positions.
**Interested parties are encouraged to view our website at Vincenthouse.org as well as the website to Clubhouse International, clubhouse-intl.org, before applying.
Salary commensurate with experience AA/EOE