Vincent House is a membership-based nonprofit organization. Members enjoy a diverse range of social, education and vocational opportunities. Members set their own participation schedule and decide how best to utilize the diverse experiences offered at Vincent House.
Become a Member
Eligibility for Vincent House membership:
- Have a diagnosis of mental illness (such as bipolar disorder, major depression, schizophrenia, or other related condition).
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to demonstrate safe conduct (background screens are done on all applicants).
- Most importantly, want to join.
The following documents are required as part of the membership application packet:
- The Vincent House New Member Information Form
- A signed Release of Information, which authorizes your psychiatrist or mental health provider to complete the Vincent House Referral Form and submit a recent psychiatric evaluation.
- An original copy of the Referral Form, completed and signed by your mental health provider.
- A recent psychiatric evaluation, which is submitted directly by your psychiatrist, psychologist, or case worker to Vincent House.
- A membership tuition agreement.
Eligibility will be determined only once all of the above-mentioned required documents have been submitted. Once received, Vincent House will provide a response regarding membership within 3 weeks of the application packet being completed.
Vincent House follows the Clubhouse International Standards regarding membership:.
Standard #3: The Clubhouse (Vincent House) has control over its acceptance of new members. Membership is open to anyone with a history of mental illness, unless that person poses a significant and current threat to the general safety of the Clubhouse (Vincent House) community.
Click here to view our policy for working with members who are deaf and/or hard of hearing.